The attorney general has denied the allegation, declaring he won’t step down from his post. Follow latest updates
• Porter denies historical rape allegation, declaring he won’t step down as attorney general
• Known unknowns: questions Christian Porter did not address in his denial of a historical rape allegation
• Journalists reject Porter’s claim media never contacted him on allegation details
• Katharine Murphy: Morrison must call an independent inquiry into the Christian Porter rape allegation
• Follow the global Covid liveblog
The prime minister is in the Hunter Valley to talk about an industy lead economic recovery from Covid-19, but he has quickly moved on to other topics.
He said batch testing from AstraZeneca vaccine rollout will begin tomorrow:
The AstraZeneca vaccine, as you know, has arrived in Australia. The minister for health announced that a few days ago.
I can now tell you that the batch testing for the AstraZeneca vaccine that has arrived has been distributed to the states and those first will be administered in South Australia tomorrow. That’s welcome news.
The prime minister is speaking now from Tomago in NSW.