- Biden introduces Lloyd Austin as his nominee to lead US defense
- Pennsylvania governor tests positive for coronavirus
- Canada approves Pfizer vaccine and plans to begin rollout next week
- Trump’s health secretary meets Biden team to talk vaccine rollout
- Sign up to receive First Thing – our daily briefing by email
Joe Biden’s transition team has just released a statement from the president-elect’s son, Hunter Biden, saying his tax affairs are being investigated by federal prosecutors.
“I learned yesterday for the first time that the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Delaware advised my legal counsel, also yesterday, that they are investigating my tax affairs,” the younger Biden said.
Some Republican senators have said they are open to supporting Doug Jones if Joe Biden nominates him to become attorney general.
Shelby tells me he would support Jones as AG if Biden taps him.
“He’d probably get a bigger vote than anybody nominated,” he says