- House speaker says she’s ‘optimistic’ about reaching a deal
- Americans ‘tired of your lies about this virus’, Biden said of Trump
- Trump: ‘People are tired of hearing of Fauci and all these idiots’
- Trump urges Barr to assign prosecutor to investigate Bidens
- Sign up for Fight to Vote – our weekly US election newsletter
A White House spokesperson said the administration’s offer on the coronavirus relief bill is now up to $1.88tr.
House speaker Nancy Pelosi has pushed for a $2.2tr package, but there are ongoing discussions between the speaker and treasury secretary Steven Mnuchin about state and local funding in the bill, as well as language over liability.
Senate minority leader Chuck Schumer said he had a “long and serious” conversation with Dianne Feinstein, after the top Democrat on the Senate judiciary committee applauded chairman Lindsey Graham’s handling of Amy Coney Barrett’s nomination hearings.
“I’ve had a long and serious talk with Senator Feinstein. That’s all I’m going to say about it right now,” Schumer told reporters on Capitol Hill.
Watch Sen. Schumer respond to this question: pic.twitter.com/tpKKvL8qC2