Latest updates: first vaccine doses administered across Europe; Germany rollout delayed after potential irregularities in cooling of Pfizer shot
- Putin to receive Russia-made Sputnik V vaccine against Covid
- EU launches mass Covid-19 vaccination as new variant spreads
- Anger over late start to Europe vaccine rollout
- UK scientists call for nationwide lockdown after spread of variant
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Here’s a summary of this evening’s key events.
The UK’s coronavirus vaccination programme continued over the festive period, the Press Association has clarified.
NHS England said people got jabs on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and Sunday, as the latest figures show 70,572 people in the UK have died from Covid-19. The number is likely to rise further on Tuesday, as authorities in both Scotland and Northern Ireland have not released data over the festive period.