- Outbreak in English schools ‘uncommon’, says PHE
- England to fine organisers of illegal raves up to £10,000
- Analysis: the UK’s gathering Covid autumn storm
- India passes 3m cases as South Korea sees biggest surge since March
- Children over 12 should wear face masks to combat Covid, says WHO
Top Democrats and Republicans blamed each other for stalled talks on coronavirus aid legislation, a day after the House of Representatives approved $25 billion in new funds for the US Postal Service.
But Saturday’s vote failed to shift a stalemate over the next phase of coronavirus aid since August 6, when talks between the White House and Democratic congressional leaders broke down over funding levels and unemployment benefits.
The Greek island of Lesbos was on Sunday added to a list of areas under “heightened” Covid-19 vigilance, officials said.
The move came as health authorities announced a new daily infection high of 284 cases nationwide in the last 24 hours.