- Russian state-sponsored hackers target Covid-19 vaccine researchers
- Family fortunes of super rich increase during pandemic
- Australia: Victoria reports 317 new cases and two deaths
- UK coronavirus updates – live
- US coronavirus updates – live
Some 1.3 million more Americans filed for unemployment in the US last week as the economy continues to reel from the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The number of new claims has dropped over the last 16 weeks, decreasing 10,000 last week compared to the week before, though the number has hovered above 1 million over the last month.
The coronavirus will likely return several times in the coming years, triggering new waves of the Covid-19 pandemic, the British government’s chief scientific adviser has also said in the committee hearing we have just referred to. Follow it in more detail here on our UK blog.