- Greece presses case for vaccine passports but other EU states wary
- Covid vaccines and immunity: does past infection help?
- China records first Covid death since May as WHO team arrives in Wuhan
- Up to 1m Hindus gather in India as festival goes ahead amid Covid fears
- See all our coronavirus coverage
As the first groups from Central America reached the Guatemalan border as part of a caravan aiming to reach the United States, regional governments are using coronavirus measures as the latest tool to curtail migration.
Small groups of migrants arrived in the Honduran border town of Corinto on Thursday afternoon, where they were stopped by police demanding negative coronavirus tests, according to local media.
The Gambia has registered two cases of a British-identified coronavirus mutation which is likely more infectious, the tiny West African state’s government said.
Gambian health minister Ahmadou Samateh told lawmakers the strain was detected in two people entering the country – both of whom were asymptomatic.