- Non-woven face masks ‘better at stopping Covid spread’
- Obesity increases risk of Covid-19 death by 48%, study finds
- EU trade commissioner under pressure to quit over Covid breach
- ‘They they’ll be left to die’: pandemic hits Venezuela
- UK coronavirus live: latest updates
Hi everyone, this is Jessica Murray, I’ll be running the coronavirus live blog for the next few hours.
Please do get in touch if you have any story tips or personal experiences you would like to share.
Qatar has decided to reopen all mosques across the country for daily and Friday prayers from 1 September a statement by the supreme committee for crisis management announced on Wednesday.
The statement said this would be part of the fourth and final phase of a plan that started on 15 June, aimed at gradually lifting coronavirus restrictions.