- UK reports further 12,872 cases and 65 deaths on Sunday
- Full report: Trump ‘no longer a transmission risk’; India passes 7m cases
- Spain’s PM defends Covid emergency lockdown in Madrid
- Would herd immunity stop the spread of coronavirus?
- Trump coronavirus updates – live
Dr Anthony Fauci, the US’s top infectious disease expert, responded to his misleading appearance in a new ad for Donald Trump’s campaign, saying that he was taken out of context by the spot.
In the ad, Fauci can be heard saying “I can’t imagine that… anyone could be doing more”. The expert, however, was referring to the efforts of federal public health official – not the president.
Self-employed people have claimed they are “falling through the cracks” after new measures were announced on Friday to bolster the Jobs Support Scheme, PA news agency reports.
Chancellor Rishi Sunak announced that workers in pubs, restaurants and other businesses which are forced to close under new coronavirus restrictions will have two-thirds of their wages paid by the government, up to a maximum of 2,100 a month.