- ‘On the brink of disaster’: Europe’s Covid fight takes a turn for the worse
- Remdesivir has very little effect on Covid-19 mortality, WHO finds
- Higher Covid deaths among BAME people ‘not driven by health issues’
- Fauci warns Americans to rethink Thanksgiving
- Italian critics aghast at comedy that makes light of pandemic
South African coronavirus cases reported since the first infection in early March surpassed 700,000 on Friday, the health ministry said, amid fears of an impending second wave as the nation battles an economic recession.
Some 2,019 new cases were identified on Friday, taking the total to 700,203 the ministry said.