- Germany heads for national lockdown as Covid cases rise sharply
- Oxford vaccine to be combined with Sputnik jab for trial
- WHO accused of conspiring with Italy to remove damning Covid report
- UK Covid self-isolation period set to be reduced to 10 days
- US coronavirus – latest updates
There were no cases of severe allergic reactions to Pfizer Inc and partner BioNTech SE’s Covid-19 vaccine candidate during clinical trials, a Pfizer executive said at a regulatory conference.
A late-stage trial testing the potential vaccine excluded participants who had a prior history of severe allergic reactions to any vaccine or to the constituents of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine, said Dr William Gruber, Pfizer’s senior vice president of vaccine clinical research and development.
We’ve not had any anaphylactic episodes related to the vaccine,” Gruber said during a panel meeting of independent advisers to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.