Neath Port Talbot, Torfaen and the Vale of Glamorgan face further measures; Le Monde reports 32% of outbreaks in France found in schools or universities
- Regular ‘circuit breaker’ lockdowns ‘could help control Covid’
- Minister refuses to guarantee students will be home for Christmas
- Boris Johnson faces revolt over forcing through Covid measures
- Australia: ‘We should not pretend everybody is suffering equally’
- See all our coronavirus coverage
The Scottish government has just issued updated guidance that students can return to their family homes (previously clinical director Jason Leitch said they couldn’t) either to self-isolate or permanently.
This is provided the entire household they return to self-isolates and they don’t use public transport. Of course, this guidance comes too late for the many student who reportedly have already left halls in a mass weekend exodus.
France registered 11,123 new coronavirus cases on Sunday, Reuters reports.
The total number of cases now stands at 538,569, health ministry data showed. The number of people who have died from the infection increased by 27 to 31,727.