- Wear masks when you see family for Christmas, WHO urges Europeans
- Scheme to get Covid vaccine to poorer countries at ‘high risk’ of failure
- ‘On the brink’: Covid pressure mounts at hospitals in Northern Ireland
- Germany reports record Covid death toll
- Swedish PM says officials misjudged power of Covid resurgence
Former Swiss president Flavio Cotti, who also served as the country’s foreign and interior minister, has died at the age of 81 reportedly from coronavirus.
“It is with great sadness that I have learned of the death of Flavio Cotti,” current Swiss foreign minister Ignazio Cassis said on Twitter. “His political spirit will always be present in the foreign ministry.
More than two dozen members of the US Congress have called on federal prison and health officials for details about how inmates will be vaccinated for Covid-19, questioning whether the most vulnerable prisoners will have priority access.
In a letter to Federal Bureau of Prisons director Michael Carvajal and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention chief Dr Robert Redfield, 26 lawmakers, led by Democratic representative Bobby Scott, expressed concerns about the prison system’s existing plan for vaccine distribution.