WHO emergencies chief warns ‘there are no new answers’ as cases surge globally
- Spain declares emergency in Madrid as Berlin emerges as hotspot
- Donald Trump plans Florida rally on Saturday amid Covid test secrecy
- Trump coronavirus updates – live
- UK coronavirus updates – live
- World map: which countries have the most cases and deaths?
US President Donald Trump is feeling great and eager to get back out on the road once he is cleared by doctors treating him for Covid-19, White House spokeswoman Alyssa Farah insisted.
“The president is doing great … He’s feeling great. He’s eager to get back out on the road safely once he’s been cleared by his doctors,” Farah said of Trump, who tested positive for coronavirus last week.
Cape Verde is set to reopen its borders on Monday, the government said, after the coronavirus pandemic forced the archipelago state to close to visitors for months.
Visitors to the West African country will have to provide proof of a negative coronavirus result from a high-precision molecular test, known as a PCR test.