- Moderna Covid vaccine has 94% efficacy, final results confirm
- Experts warn of cases surge after widespread Thanksgiving travel
- Spain appeals for ‘common sense’ after shopping crowd scenes
- Sri Lanka prisoners killed in riot over coronavirus conditions
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Eurozone finance ministers have agreed to move ahead with changes to the European Stability Mechanism (ESM) fund, amid fears of future economic uncertainty due to Covid-19.
The IMF had already warned that governments and the ECB may need to provide more support than initially expected because of the second wave of Covid-19. The fund was set up to help member states in financial difficulty,
Fans at the Autumn Nations Cup game between England and France this weekend will go thirsty, as the Rugby Football Union is keeping Twickenham’s bars shut.
The fixture will see 2,000 fans attend, the first time any supporters have been able to attend a match at England’s home ground since March. The RFU has decided alcohol will only be available “in restaurant style facilities and be served to the table with a substantial meal”, in line with government regulations on hospitality venues in England.