- President announces ‘Mark Esper has been terminated’
- Biden gets to work as president-elect while Trump refuses to concede
- US coronavirus cases near 10m as Ben Carson tests positive
- Republicans back Trump challenge to Biden election victory
- Sign up to receive First Thing – our daily briefing by email
Mark Esper, the now-former defense secretary after being fired by Donald Trump in a tweet today, defended his job performance in an interview with Military Times.
Donald Trump is still spreading baseless claims about election fraud, despite producing no evidence for those allegations.
“Nevada is turning out to be a cesspool of Fake Votes. @mschlapp & @AdamLaxalt are finding things that, when released, will be absolutely shocking!” Trump said in a new tweet.