- Gabriel Sterling condemns Trump for undermining faith in system
- Democrats ask FBI investigate Trump’s Georgia phone call
- Trump pressed Georgia to overturn Biden victory
- Leave military out of it, former defence secretaries tell Trump
- US Covid hospitalizations at record high as Fauci warns it may get worse
- Sign up to receive First Thing – our daily briefing by email
Biden in Georgia: Elect Democrats to approve $2k stimulus checks
This is Lois Beckett, picking up our live US politics coverage from our West Coast bureau in Los Angeles.
Biden talks about $2,000 stimulus checks and urges Georgians to vote tomorrow, saying the “power is literally in your hands” to make them happen by electing Ossoff and Warnock
Joe Biden speaking in Georgia says electing Ossoff and Warnock “will put an end to the block in Washington on that $2,000 stimulus check. That money will go out the door immediately to help people in real trouble. Think about what it will mean to your lives.”
That’s it from me today. My west coast colleague, Lois Beckett, will take over the blog for the next few hours.
Here’s where the day stands so far: