- Trump and Biden take part in 9/11 memorial ceremonies
- Bahrain to normalise ties with Israel, Trump announces
- Fauci disputes Trump’s claim US is ‘rounding final turn’ of Covid
- Officers charged in George Floyd killing seek to blame one another
- US wildfires – follow the latest updates
- Sign up for our First Thing newsletter
After laying a wreath at a memorial site for the victims of Flight 93, Joe Biden visited a volunteer fire station in Shanksville, Pennsylvania, to deliver beer and pastries.
The Democratic nominee said he had previously promised to deliver beer to one of the firefighters there.
Stopping off at a volunteer fire station in Shanksville, Joe Biden is getting literal w/ the age-old campaign question, “Who would you gather have a beer with?” pic.twitter.com/l5EahlBRns
Democratic vice-presidential nominee Kamala Harris, for her part, went to a 9/11 commemoration event in Fairfax, Virginia, earlier today.
She stood for a moment’s silence, alongside Virginia Senator Mark Warner, and her husband, Doug Emhoff, with all wearing face masks to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
Each 9/11, we remember the unbreakable spirit of the American people. We remember the brave first responders and the Americans who lost their lives during those horrific attacks. Even during our darkest moments, we came together to show that hope and love trump fear and division. pic.twitter.com/OuCDKzxIHq