- Trump tweets he is ‘feeling really good!’ and will leave at 6.30pm
- Walter Reed physician among critics of Trump drive-by visit
- Niece says president sees illness as sign of ‘unforgivable weakness’
- Poll: Trump 14 points behind Biden month before election
- Sign up for Fight to Vote – our weekly US election newsletter
The press conference has finished. Here’s a quick recap on what we learned:
Asked about his mental and cognitive state, Conley pointed to the president’s tweets and the videos he’s posted online as evidence that he’s doing well. “He’s back,” Conley said.
“The president has been a phenomenal patient during his stay here,” Conley said, insisting that Trump did not push for his release from Walter Reed.