- Trump falsely claims election result may never accurately be determined
- Trump accused of sexual assault by former model
- US health official laments ‘politicization’ of CDC
- Barr criticized for comparing shutdown orders to slavery
- Sign up for our First Thing newsletter
I didn’t know Mike Pence was due to speak at this National Archives event – officially the event is called the White House history conference – but here he is.
Donald Trump is about to speak at the National Archives in Washington – where he’s expected to attack some US schools’ focus on slavery and racism in history lessons.
As we noted earlier: “The president will specifically criticize the New York Times’ ‘1619 Project.’ The Pulitzer Prize-winning project was published last year to cast a spotlight on the 400th anniversary of the first slave ship arriving in America.”