- DoJ watchdog looks into possible collusion with Trump effort
- Biden says mask-wearing can save 50,000 lives by end of April
- Fauci: US scientists working to upgrade Covid vaccines for variants
- Dominion Voting Systems to file lawsuit against Giuliani
- Biden to drop Trump’s military transgender ban
It’s been a busy day so far in US politics and the best drama is yet to come, with the article of impeachment due to be marched from the House to the Senate at 7pm ET. Many apologies to all our readers that there wasn’t a summary in the middle of the day, the blog got carried away with so many events at the White House.
My Guardian colleague on the west coast, Maanvi Singh, will take over in a moment to carry you through the next few hours in her inimitable style.
In a little over two hours, the House of Representatives impeachment managers, led by Maryland congressman Jamie Raskin, will ceremoniously walk the article of impeachment against Donald Trump across the Capitol to the Senate, ahead of the former president’s trial for high crimes and misdemeanors.
It is a single article, accusing Trump of “incitement of insurrection” because he exhorted the supporters at his rally near the White House on January 6 to “fight” to overturn the election result.